Saturday, December 5, 2009

Skirts Crocheted and Fancy

I already told you I crochet. Because of a very dear a work mate of mine I started the blog. She apparently told everybody that I'm writing one even if I didn't. I have a page in Raverly, which the reader must register to if he desires to wiew my work. The Ravelry is a craft community and a very lovely craft community it is!




But this is a blog and this post shows of two of my handmade skirts. The brown and pink one is made after a pattern the Finnish Moda - magazine published in a already forgotten year and issue. The salmon-coloured skirt also was published in one of those issues of past years. The only clue I have that the first one belonged to a set of a hat, a scarf and a skirt made of pale blue yarn. The pattern is called Hame, hattu ja huivi or something of the same fashion. The City Library of Vantaa has got a database for searching magazine articles. So if you wish to find the pattern, go to a City Library in Finland with the Finnish name above and do as I told you. You may find the pattern.




The latter pattern was probably called a crocheted skirt. That one I altered a little because I didn't want the lacy pattern to show my behind. As you can see I made few rows of double crochet first. Both of the skirts are started at the waist. And because they both are a bit loose I use string instead of a zip close, wich the original patterns use. Both skirts are also made in one piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment