Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Crocheted Lilac Dress


This is my own pattern. I used as inspiration the Little Black Dress (Knit on the Net by Gudrun Johnston). The lilac dress is crocheted form the neckline down to the lowest end of the armhole. Then I crocheted both front sides same way down. Notice that the parts overlap. Then I crocheted down as one piece, joined the fronts so that they overlap and started the skirt part. The squares of filet lace on the upper back and the hem are taken of Emma Farnes, My book number G,the Antique Design of Spider in many Variations. This booklet is available in the Antique Pattern Library. All the patterns are free for non-commercial use. The lace on the hem is from Mary Olki, Uusia ja vanhoja virkkuupitsejä, WSOY, Porvoo 1950, p.37.

No comments:

Post a Comment